Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Musings on the nature of contradictions in humans' personality

I expect people will never stop to amaze me (To be honest, I don’t expect them to and if this ever happens, it’ll surely be a warning sign).

It’s fascinating how some traits get combined in one person. Theoretically, everything is supposed to be possible when it comes to human mind, but when you see it in real life… I never gave much thought to it, but an encounter with one person made me wonder.

How can a person who acts as a representative of a truly valuable campaign, who started travelling the world more than 20 years ago and who has an exceptional story to tell people be at the same time unbelievably limited, unwilling to learn and at times very self-absorbed?

How can a person who has more than enough time to spare be unable to reach even basic proficiency at language that he clearly needs?

How can a person who travels the world limit his or her discussions about different countries and places to food that they hated here and there?

How can a person who inspires other people to believe in the cause be so uninteresting and unimaginative in their day-to-day life?

How can a person with such rich personal history be so narrow-minded, non-inquisitive and believe in all the clichés that exist in the world without pausing to think about them?


I expect there are a lot more “how’s” that I can come up. And perhaps it is me who should be called narrow-minded because I cannot comprehend the possibility of such drastic contradictions in one’s personality. But here it is - the thing I do not understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment